Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Discussion Club activity


Discussion Club activity
I am Reinhard Hohl, Australian and have had the pleasure of providing English native speaker topics to the Discussion Group at the AEPE for Teachers of English Language at schools and universities.
As a short description of some of the discussions, I describe the following,
During my group attendances, I described my impressions on the inter-relationship of the Age of Discovery,  Explorers and Colonialism, and the historical inheritance in the modern world.
In a following discussion I described the aura of London, its history, life and place in the current world. I grew up in London and it was with great pleasure describing my growing up experiences in the city.
I spent several years working in Papua New Guinea, and I held a video and descriptive discussion on the country, describing the lifestyle, short history, and progress in this ancient isolated interesting country.
 The attendees during my discourses, appeared interested, then followed with significant in depth questions with mirth and enjoyment – hopefully reasonably answered and clarified by myself. 
The role of native speaker in association with a language learning is to assist in the understanding of the language, expanding the aural appreciation of accents, dialects coupled with the phrasing, vocabulary and idioms in normal usage and  interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment