Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Success story, Akmaral



English in my life
First of all, I want to express my willing of learning and teaching English. I will retell to you what role English plays in my life.
When I was in 8th form I met Americans in Talas. They came there to see the celebration of Manas’ University, because I learnt English at school. I could speak with them on English. I was also introduced to Japanese and could speak with them also on English. I was very happy to understand them and could translate their speech into Kyrgyz for my mother and her friends. So, everyday we spent whole day together until their leave to America and Japan. On the last day they thanked me for helping in translation and payed for it some money. It was very unexpectedly for me to receive money, because I had never had experience to earn money by this way and one of Americans took promise from me to continue learning English since that day I have learnt English as I promised. That was my main reason why I chose English and teach it.
Day by day I was interested in English and decide to choose English at the University as I wanted to become an English teacher. I have been teaching English for about 7 years. During these 7 years I have been trying to participate in different courses, seminars, training, workshops to improve teaching skills. That’s why I chose AEPE long-term course with the aim to learn more in teaching, especially to find out new methods or methodologies. We should use new and modern methods with using high technologies as our world is getting progress and our educational system is also changing. I think, our long-term course is a very good chance to improve our teaching skills and get know more about teaching methodologies. Our teacher, Natalya Anatolyevna, has a very good experience in teaching. She taught us many useful things. I like that she assigned us to have  role playing, description of the situations, matching-up dialogues, use of PPT, teaching and listening to new phrases and I can’t count all of them. After finishing this course I will try to spread skills and knowledge about all methods what I learnt from this project to my students and I will help some of young colleagues to enhance new methods. Maybe, it will be very good if everyone try to write their teaching methods on their blogs, because everyone who wants to see or to learn it they can read about it everywhere no matter where they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment